Granting Studio access.
Studio Accounts allow you to access all Studio components for which you have permissions, including App creation, Content moderation, and User management. Studio Users with access to multiple networks will be able to manage these networks from a single account.
Please note that Studio accounts enable access to Livefyre Studio, and differ from user accounts used to interact with Livefyre Apps.
This document describes the following account information:
Studio Managers and Administrators may invite new or existing users to create a Studio account.
Note: Your network’s first Studio account invitation will be sent by your Livefyre Technical Account Manager, and will create a Studio Administrator. Please provide an email address for which this first account will be created.
To invite a user to create a Studio account:
- From the Users page, click Invite to Studio.
- From the Invite user dialog that opens, select Existing User or New User.
- To invite an existing user, enter a Username, User ID, or Email Address in the fields provided. To invite a new user, enter an Email address.
- Click Add message to enter a personalized invitation, if desired.
- Select the access level for the new Account, and click Invite to issue the invitation.
Select Administrator to grant access to all Studio features and functionality. Select other user roles to grant access to only a subset of features.
Note: Multiple user roles may be granted to a single user, if desired.
Livefyre provides the following user account types:
- Administrator: grants full access to Studio, including User Role management, Network and Integration Settings, and all public and private Apps, Streams, and Folders.
- Studio Manager: grants the right to manage Studio Network and Site settings, and Studio Users and their roles.
- Asset Manager: grants access to Studio’s Library, and the right to add Assets to the Library using Social Search, and to create and manage Streams which target Folders.
- User Manager: grants access to manage your Livefyre network enduser accounts.
- Data Manager: grants access to Studio’s Analytics dashboards.
- App Manager: allows users to create and Edit Apps, and to create and edit Streams which point to Apps.
- Content Manager: grants access to your Library’s App Content page, and the right to moderate content from within the page. (Access may be limited by site.)
- Moderator: grants access to ModQ, and the right to moderate content. (Access may be limited by site.)
Note: Site level user roles grant permission only to the selected site. Roles granted at this level will have not have access to other sites or networks.
For both New and Existing Users, Livefyre will issue an email invitation to create a Studio account. Existing users will click the link to create a new Studio account, which will be linked to their existing Livefyre account. New users will be asked to create a temporary Livefyre account, which may then be linked to their Studio account.
Note: When inviting others to join Studio, you may only create accounts with permission levels equal to or less than your own. For more information, see User Roles.
Linking your Studio account to your Livefyre account allows you to moderate or manage all of your Livefyre sites or networks from a single location.
Note: To interact with a Livefyre App (leave a comment, add a Sidenote, or share content), you must log in using your Livefyre account’s username and password, and not your Studio account’s.
To link accounts:
- Log into Studio after creating a Livefyre user profile on your network.
- Go to Users, find your User Profile, and double click to view details.
- Click Connect account.
- In the window that opens, select the user account to link to this account.
- Confirm the Link Profile information, and click Link.
Once your network account is connected to your Studio account, you may access Studio through your bookmarked links or through any Livefyre App. (From an App, select Studio from your Account pulldown.) Livefyre will redirect you to the Studio sign in page, or straight into Studio if your session hasn’t expired.
Studio allows you to manage multiple networks from a single Studio account. The Account pulldown menu will list the different network usernames associated with the logged in Studio account, and the networks with which they are associated. Use this pulldown to select the network you wish to manage.
Note: While most users will have permissions for only a single network, some Studio users may own or moderate multiple sites. The Studio account allows them to log in with a single username and password, then switch between multiple site access levels.
This chart lists the default permissions granted to Studio User Roles.
Studio Administrators have access to all listed rights and permissions.
Note: For all roles, Users have access only to those Folders or Sites which are public, or have been shared with them.
The following user roles and listed access privileges are available within Studio:
- Access to all aspects of Studio listed below
- View and edit Integration Settings
- View and edit all public and private Folders
- Create new Sites
- Invite users to Studio
- View and edit User Roles
- Ban Browsers and IP Addresses
- Add Assets to the Library using Social Search
- Create and edit Streams which port to (shared) Folders
- Create and edit (shared) Folders and the Assets contained within them
- Create and edit Apps
- Create and edit Streams that point to Apps
- Add assets directly to Apps using Social Search
- View and edit enduser Account details
- Ban or Whitelist endusers
- View and moderate content using the App Content page
- Add and edit Tags, Flags, Notes, and Rights Requests for Content
- Use ModQ to search and moderate content
- Use the Analytics dashboard