Working with Studio and Livefyre network users.
Studio’s Users page lists all users in the Livefyre database for your network, including both endusers who have created an account to interact with your Apps, and your authorized Studio users. This page allows you to view user information, including usernames, email addresses, and date joined, and to manage Studio Access.
The Users page allows you to search for and manage users, including:
Use the Search field at the top of the page to search for users by Display Name, User ID, email address, or the date they joined your Livefyre network. (Note: These fields support wildcard search.)
Click Show Filter to open a panel from which listed users may be filtered.
Filters allow you to:
- Sort by updates to the listed User accounts: Recently Updated, Newest, or Oldest.
- Narrow by Date Range to list only user accounts added during the input range.
- List only Banned or Whitelisted users.
- List only Studio users.
- List only those accounts with the input User Tags attached.
Click on any user to view details about the account.
The Profile page provides user account information, including the date the account was created, the User ID and email address associated with it, a list of all user activity for the account, and a list of any associated User Tags, Bans, or Whitelists.
Note: This information is available only to Studio Administrators, Studio Managers, and User Managers. To block your users’ IP and email addresses from this view, please contact your Livefyre Technical Account Manager.
Add User Tags to accounts both to more easily search for tagged users, and to stylistically differentiate tagged users’ content from other’s on your site.
Note: User Tags are not case sensitive, and may contain spaces.
The Status section lists any Bans or Whitelists associated with the Account, and allows you to add the account to any existing Network or Site Bans and Whitelists.
If a user is posting inappropriate or spam comments on an article or across your site, you may choose to ban the user from your network. Once banned, all content posted by the user will be automatically set to the Bozo state, and will be visible only to the posting user. Banned users are able to log into the stream, post comments, and view their content in the App. Banned users will believe that they are still part of the conversation. However, no other user on your site will be able to see this content.
Because their content is now Bozo’d, banned users may continue to post inappropriate content, but it will no longer be visible to the rest of your community.
For more information, please see Studio > App Content > Bozo Content.
To ban a user from the Users page:
- Click +Add for Bans.
- A popup will appear that allows you to ban the user from the entire network, or from a specific site. (Use the CTR or Command key to select multiple sites.)
- Click Remove this user’s comments to ban the user, Bozo any previous posts, and remove them from the stream. Leave this box unchecked to Bozo only future posts from the banned user.
- Click Ban to complete the process.
Users may also be banned inline from your Livefyre Apps, and users logged in through Livefyre may be banned from Studio’s Library > App Content page. For more information, see Content Management > Inline Pending Moderation, or Studio > Content > Moderate Content.
Whitelisting Users allows them to post directly to your Apps. Content posted by whitelisted users will not pass through Livefyre’s SAFE, profanity, or premoderation filters, and will be automatically approved and added to the App.
To whitelist a user:
- Click +Add for Whitelists.
- A popup will appear that allows you to whitelist the user for the entire network, or for a specific site. (Use the CTR or Command key to select multiple sites.)
- Click Whitelist to complete the process.
Click the Studio Access tab to view and manage the User’s Studio permissions. Assigned Roles may be changed by selecting or deselecting the listed options.
Note: Only Studio Administrators and Studio Managers may view and edit another Studio User’s Assigned Roles. User Managers may only view and manage enduser accounts.
For more information on listed User Roles, see Creating Accounts.