Create Livefyre Apps.
Use Apps to quickly build and deploy engaging Apps powered by social content. Using simple design and configuration controls, Apps allow you to easily create and update Apps targeted for your audience.
Use the Apps tab to create new Apps, define their settings, and embed them on your site.
Click +New App from the Apps page, and select an App type from the pulldown menu.
In the New App dialog that appears, enter an App Title, select a Site, and click Create to open the App Overview page.
The App Summary page provides 4 tabs:
- App Summary: provides an overview of the App’s content and status, and provides tools to access the App on its site and generate its embed code.
- Designer: allows you to select design options for the App, including fonts, color schemes, and App specific configuration options.
- Streams: lists all Stream sources for the App’s content. Click the Stream’s title to open the Stream Details page, from which it may be edited.
- Settings: allows you to select App specific settings, including rules for adding content to the App, and the types of content to display. Click the Settings tab to override the Network and Site Default Settings for the App.
The App Design tab provides display options which allow you to style the App to fit your site’s branding. The Design tab also provides configuration options specific to the available App types.
App Designer allows you to preview your App in multiple delivery formats, and with your own or sample data displayed. Click Preview Mode to select mobile, tablet, or desktop format, and whether or not to display Sample Data. Click Preview Mode to expand the preview to fill the Studio window. Click Exit Preview to return to design mode.
Note: If Sample Data is deselected, and no Stream enabled for the App, nothing will be displayed in Preview Mode.
Preview Mode offers the following options:
- Preview Options: Use the pulldown menu to select a preview format (mobile, tablet, or desktop), and whether to show Sample Data or the App’s Stream data.
- Share: Opens the App in a new browser tab, and generates a URL, which may be used to allow friends, colleagues, or non-Studio users to review your App, and test it in different browsers and devices.
Note: Any content posted to a review version of your App will be added to the App. If you do not wish this content to appear in your published App, you must delete it before clicking Publish.
- Exit Preview: Returns you to edit mode.
Note: Preview mode is fully interactive, allowing you to test the user experience for your App. If Allow user posts is enabled for your App, users with whom you have shared the preview link may click the What’s on your mind button, and post content to your test version. Content will be listed as posted by Studio.
App Designer will automatically save your App after any change is made to its configuration options. Click Publish to generate an embed code, or to update any previously published versions of this App with the current version.
Note: Clicking Publish generates an embed code for the App, and updates all existing instances of the App if previously published.
App Designer will automatically save all changes made, and generate a new version for each change. Click History to open a panel listing all versions of your App. Listed versions will show each version’s editor, and its age.
Click on a version to select it, and refresh the preview display in the right pane. Click Restore Version if you wish to clone the selected version, and begin working from it. Click the back button in the Version History pane to revert to your working draft. Click Share to generate a URL for the preview, which may be sent to co-workers or friends for review.
Note: Your App may not be edited while the Version History pane is open.
If another editor makes changes while your browser window is open, a warning message will be issued when you try to edit the App, asking if you wish to return to your (older) draft version. (This prevents multiple simultaneous editors from accidentally ignoring each other’s changes.) Click Update to Latest to begin working from the latest version. Click Overwrite to return to your (older) working state, increment the version number from the most recent, and continue working.