From the Apps page, click New App > Storify 2, then enter an App Title, select a Site, and click Create.
Click the App Designer tab to select styling options for your Story.
- Select Light or Dark to define the background color for your displayed content. Changes made to this setting will be immediately reflected in the preview to the right. This setting controls background, content text, user handle, timestamp, share button, and social icon color selection for the App.
- Brand color
- Select a color for your App. This color will be used for hashtags, URLs, usernames, @mentions, bar charts, and other App-specific components, as displayed in the preview pane to the right.
- Font family
- Select a font for user generated content in your App. Selecting Georgia or Times New Roman will assign that font to content, and Helvetica Neue to usernames and display names. Selecting Helvetica, Verdana, or Trebuchet will assign those fonts to content, usernames, and display names.
- Posts appear in cards
- If enabled, posts will be displayed within a surrounding box, and the background color dictated by the Theme selection applied.
- Show header
- If enabled, the story’s header (sort menu and number of viewers) will be displayed.
- If enabled, you may select whether to list the original author’s name, or a team name as the byline for your Story. Note: Individual bylines will always reflect the content’s original author, and not any subsequent editors.
- Byline type
- If Byline is enabled, this pulldown allows you to select the type of byline to be displayed: team byline, or individual bylines.
Use the field below Byline type to enter the text to display as byline.
Note: The most recent change to this setting, by any Storify 2 editor, will be reflected upon publication.
- Set time zone
- Allows you to select the time zone to be used for the Story. This location will be used to timestamp all Posts within the Story. (End users will see this translated to their local time, but may hover over the timestamp they see to reveal the timestamp set for the Story.)
- Load more posts
- Choose whether posts display continuously as a user scrolls down (Infinite Scroll) or whether to display a Show More button (“Show More” button).
- Show Permalink in Modal
- When a site visitor shares a link to a post in a Storify 2, the link displays in either a pop-up modal window (Show Permalinks in Modal set to On) or automatically scrolls down the page to the linked post (Show Permalinks in Modal set to Off).
- Users may share posts
- If enabled, users may share your story to Twitter or Facebook. For more information on enabling sharing, see Settings > Integration Settings > Social Sharing.
- Users may add Sidenotes
- If enabled, users may add Sidenotes to your posts.
- Number of views
- If enabled, the number of times the story has been viewed will be displayed.