The Story editor includes two panels:
- The Editing panel (left) allows you to write and design your story.
- The Content pane (right) includes two tabs: Search, Drafts and Streams.
- Search allows you to search for content from a variety of sources, including top social media sites such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+ and RSS feeds.
- Drafts provides a list of all content submitted by all Editors which is waiting for approval to post to the Story. Use Drafts to search for content added by selected authors, and more easily manage the editorial process for a Story in progress.
- Streams allows you to point one or more streams to your story’s Content Pane so you can quickly access user-generated content right from the Editor. Drag and drop individual pieces of streamed content to a post and choose when to publish them as the story unfolds.
Note: Post content added to Storify Apps will not appear in Studio’s App Content, nor will it be added to your Library. Sidenotes added to Storify Apps will appear in App Content, and will be included in ModQ.
Use the Editor’s Content Pane to view your drafts and find pieces of content to add context to your story. Use the Editor Tab to create a storyline, add context to your story elements, and build a narrative for the page.
Storify allows you to add content at any position in your story. Content elements may be edited or repositioned. Text may be styled using standard formatting options, including bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough.
To add text:
- Click in the page to create a new text element, which may then be dragged to reposition it anywhere within your storyline.
- Click on existing text, then use the formatting menubar that opens to restyle it. Available options include headlines, quotes, ordered and unordered lists, bold, strikethrough, underline, and italic.
Storify allows you to add images from your local repository to your Story. Storify supports JPEGs, PNGs, and GIFs. (GIFs must be under 1MB. Storify will automatically resize PNGs and JPEGs.)
To add an image:
- Click to add a new text field.
- Drag and drop an image or video from your desktop into the new content pane, or click the camera icon in the bottom left of the pane to select your file.
- Add a caption.
Use the link button to insert a clickable link to any URL.
- Highlight any text in the story to position your link.
- Click the link button that appears in the text editor toolbar beneath the text.
- Enter the URL for the link, and click return.
Use the text editor toolbar that appears beneath text elements to restyle content.
- Select text, then click the Header button to reformat a text element as a header.
- Select text, then use the Bold, Italic, Underline, or Strikethrough options to change the format.
Drag and drop story elements to reposition them on the page. (Note: Reordering posts in your Story will not change their timestamp.)
Hover over the top right corner of a story element or post, then click the trash can that appears to delete the item or the entire post.