Add real-time blogging to your Apps.
Live Blog allows your writers and editors to post real-time updates, transforming your site into an engaging live news source. Posts by your team, rich with images, video, and embedded content, become the source for new conversations and threads. Live Blog is perfect when deployed for product reveals, award programs, and sporting events.
|With another snowstorm coming, Slate wanted to provide readers with instant updates about the wild weather swings on the East Coast. Using a Live Blog, Slate editors were able to instantly share updates about the storm, including their own photos, user tweets, and information about the snowfall. The Live Blog was so useful that it made the front page of Slate’s site.|
Live Blog Features
- Publish real-time updates by posting directly on Live Blog.
- Create rules to curate social content, and search for specific curate content to add to your Blog.
- Update your Live Blog from your mobile device.
- Enable replies to each blog update, to encourage increased conversation and engagement around each Live Blog update.
- Upload photos and add custom HTML to top-level posts
Live Blog differs from Comments in several ways. With Live Blog:
- Only owners and moderators can see the comment box and create top level posts.
- User replies may be turned off to create a bloggers-only experience.
- Users may write, upload photos, or post embeddable links from their computer or mobile device.
- Comment font is larger and avatars are smaller to emphasize the content.
- Avatars may be disabled, if desired.
For more information, please see Features.
Integrate Live Blog
Use Live Blog to post real-time updates to ongoing stories, transforming your site into an engaging live news source. Live Blog allows your team to post images, video, and embedded content, to create active sites for product reveals, award programs, and sporting events.
- Number of comments to load
- Enter the number of comments to display upon initial load. You may enter between 1 and 50.
- Comments appear in cards
- If enabled, posts will be displayed with a surrounding box, and the background color dictated by the Theme selection applied.
- Nest levels for replies
- Defines the number of nest levels displayed for replies (2 or 3).
- Expand media
- If enabled, media attachments will be displayed as fully expanded media inline in the stream. If disabled, media is displayed as links only.
- Number of listeners
- If enabled, the number of users active on the page will be displayed.
- User tags
- If enabled, user tags will be displayed with posted content.
- User avatars
- If enabled, user avatars will be displayed with posted content.
- Users can reply to posts
- If enabled, users may reply to Live Blog posts.
- Users may upload photos
- If enabled users may upload photos.
- Users may share comments
- If enabled, users may share posted content to Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. For more information on enabling sharing, see Settings > Integration Settings > Social Sharing.
You can customize Live Blog using: