Embed real-time comments into your App.
Comments replaces your default comments with real-time conversations. Our social integration features make it easy to capture all the conversations going on about your posts across Twitter and Facebook, and pull user’s friends into the conversation.
|Mashable uses Comments to increase user participation in their discussions. Features including rich media upload, social sharing, listener count and single sign on help to make contributing to the conversation easy and fun.|
- Specific to Comments
- Featured Comment
- Hot Threads
- Spam control
- Real-time making for a more engaging, live experience.
- Listener Count
- Embed media (moderators)
- Upload photos (users)
For more information, please see Features.
Use Comments to embed real-time conversations on your site. Use available options to allow your users to share content across Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and pull their friends into the stream.
- Number of comments to load
- Enter the number of comments to display upon initial load. You may enter between 1 and 50.
- Nest level for replies
- Defines the number of nested levels displayed for replies: 2, 3 or 4. (Default is 4.)
- Posts appear in cards
- If enabled, posts will be displayed within a surrounding box, and the background color dictated by the Theme selection applied.
- Expand media
- If enabled, media attachments will be displayed as fully expanded media inline in the stream. If disabled, media is displayed as links only.
- Number of listeners
- If enabled, the number of users active on the page will be displayed.
- User tags
- If enabled, user tags will be displayed with posted content.
- User avatars
- If enabled, user avatars will be displayed with posted content.
- Number of replies to load
- The number of replies to a comment to load. Any additional replies to a comment after this number will be collapsed, with a counter to display the number of replies.
- Users may upload photos
- If enabled users may upload photos.
- Users may share posts
- If enabled users may share posts. If enabled, users may share posted content to Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. For more information on enabling sharing, see Settings > Integration Settings > Social Sharing.
- Featured content at top of stream
- When enabled, Featured content will be displayed above the editor in the App.
- High velocity comment queuing
- Allows you to control the speed with which comments are displayed on the page, and is best used for high velocity conversations. When enabled, Livefyre will list the number of new comments at the top of the stream, rather than displaying content in its entirety. Clicking this number will display the 10 oldest comments in the stream.
- Most liked comment sort
- If enabled, allows users to sort by Top Comments or Hot Threads (in addition to the default Newest and Oldest sort options).
You can customize Comments using: