Enable real-time chat in your Apps.
Chat allows audiences to engage in real-time conversation around live events, announcements or shows. Content appears as a continuous stream of unthreaded chat to facilitate rapid engagement and invigorate activity on the page.
FoxNews used Chat to capture audience opinion and reflection around the election of Pope Bergoglio. Knowing that there would be a surge of relevant and active participation, FoxNews launched a Chat within minutes of the announcement to create an immediate conversation.
To encourage a rapid and engaging dialog, Chat differs from other Livefyre Apps in the following ways:
- The Comment Editor is pre-populated with the text “Press command+enter to post.”
- Users respond to the Chat as a whole, rather than a specific Comment, therefore there is no Reply button, and no Threading in Comments.
- Users are not offered the option to follow Chats, and the Comment Notifier is disabled.
- Email notifications automatically default to OFF.
- User avatars are smaller than those used with Comments.
- The Like button appears only when hovering over a comment.
- The Likes on a comment appear without avatars, only the number of Likes.
- The stream width can be reduced to 250 pixels.
For more information, please see Features.
Create Chat Apps to display content as a continuous stream of unthreaded chat, allowing your audience to engage in real-time conversation around live events or announcements.
- Number of posts to load
- Enter the number of posts to display upon initial load. You may enter between 1 and 50.
- Posts appear in cards
- If enabled, posts will be displayed with a surrounding box, and the background color dictated by the Theme selection applied.
- Preview media
- If enabled, media attachments will be displayed as fully expanded media inline in the stream. If disabled, media is displayed as links only.
- Number of listeners
- If enabled, the number of users active on the page will be displayed.
- User tags
- If enabled, user tags will be displayed with posted content.
- User avatars
- If enabled, user avatars will be displayed with posted content.
- Users may share comments
- If enabled, users may share posted comments to Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. For more information on enabling sharing, see Settings > Integration Settings > Social Sharing.
- Additional sort option
- Allows you to offer sort options for your end users: Most liked or Most active.
You can customize Chat using:
- Style and Config options for all Apps in the App Designer. See Customizing Apps for details on the standard Style and Config options for all Apps in the App Designer.
- Integration tools. See Chat for more on how to customize Chat using Integration Tools.