Managing content across your Livefyre network.
Network and Site Owners and Moderators may use the Content panel in Studio to search and moderate content across networks. The Content tab enables several search filters with Wildcard Search, to allow you to more quickly and easily define your search parameters. Use the Content panel to:
Livefyre search fields support wildcards, which allow you to add an asterisk ( * ) to words (or word fragments) to catch partial matches. For example:
- ball returns only ball
- ball* returns ball and balloon
- *ball returns ball and football
- *ball* returns ball and uniball and snowballed
The Content panel allows you to narrow your search using several different content filtering options.
To filter content, select a Content Preset option: All Content, All Reviews, All Sidenotes, Approved, Approved & Flagged, or Pending. Then select a Filter by option, use the checkboxes or input field available for that option to narrow your search. Use the sort by pulldown to sort the content in the list by Newest, Oldest, Recently updated, Most flags or Most liked. (The default sort order is by Newest.) Filter by options Use the Filter by bar to filter by the following options:
- Allows you to filter by the content’s current moderation state: All Content, Approved, Pending, Trash, or Bozo.
- Allows you to filter by the content’s source. Selecting Livefyre displays all user generated content posted directly into the stream. Selecting Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or RSS lists content pulled into the stream through SocialSync or Curate.
- Note: There is no way to differentiate content pulled in through SocialSync from content pulled in through Curate.
- Selecting Flags allows you to filter by User Flags (Spam, Off-topic, Offensive, or Disagree), or System Flags applied by SAFE (Profanity or Spam).
- Allows you to fiter by when the content was originally Created (or pulled into the Collection through SocialSync or Curate), or last Modified (edited, flagged or the state changed).
- Allows you to filter by the author’s Display Name (found on the Users panel or from above the content posted by the author), or User ID (found on the Users panel).
- Allows you to filter the most recent 90 days of content by Keyword or Content Tag. Select the Media checkbox to return only content containing Media. (To search for the full dataset, page through all content in the list, then click Search full data.)
- Note: Multiple keyword and content tag search is not supported. If multiple keywords or tags are entered, the last word will be used in the search.
- When searching by Content Tag, suggested tags will be auto-populated as you type into the search field. Search results will return all content that has ever been assigned the tag. (Use this field to search for Featured content, or click the Featured label on any featured content in Studio.)
- Note: Use a minus (-) sign before a tag name to search for content that does not include that tag. For example: Search for “-Miley” to search for all content that does not include the “Miley” tag.
- Allows you to filter by Collection ID, Tag, or Parent ID. Filtering by Parent ID returns all content that is a reply to the input Content ID. (Filter by multiple tags by entering tags separated by a comma.)
Bozo Content In the Collection, Bozo content is displayed only to the author of the content. This allows the user to believe their content has been approved, while hiding it from all other users and moderators. Note: Social content originating with SocialSync and Curate cannot be set to Bozo. Content may be Bozod for the following reasons:
- Content identified as Spam by SAFE is automatically set to the Bozo state.
- All content from Banned Users is automatically set to Bozo.
- Content may be marked Bozo from Studio.
- Moderators and Owners may mark content Bozo directly in the stream.
The content panel allows you to review the history of all content listed, including premoderation, spam filtering, post date, and any user flags or notes assigned to the item. Use the tabs below the user icon to review the content’s history.
- More Info: lists an audit trail of all activity on this content, including submission, editing, spam check, state change, and notes. The Livefyre Content ID and the user’s IP address is also displayed in this section.
- Replies: lists a maximum of 6 replies. Click Show all replies to display all replies to this content.
- Flags & Reports: lists all user flags, with the avatar of the user who flagged the content, and any Reports (notes that were added by the user when flagging the content).
- Add a note: allows you to add a note, visible to other Admins or Moderators.
Use the Content panel to moderate listed content, by changing its status, changing the status of its author, or adding a note. To moderate content, mouse over listed content to change available markers, or use the Actions pulldown menu to change status for individual or multiple selected content. Change Content Status Click a piece of content, then use the Actions menu to change its status. (Use the Command or Control key to select multiple items, then use the Actions menu to change the status for multiple pieces of content simultaneously.) Note: You may also mouse over the status label in the top right of a piece of content to change its state. Options vary according to the current state of the listed content.
|Current State||May be Changed to|
|Approved||Pending, Trash, Bozo|
|Bozo||Approved, Pending, Trash|
|Trash||Approved, Pending, Bozo, Delete (hard delete)|
|Pending||Approved, Trash, Bozo|
Mouse over the flag icon to select the Ignore Flags option for the item. Selecting the Ignore Flags option allows moderators to choose not to view the listed content again through the flagged search filter. Selecting Ignore Flags for an item does not change its status; it simply removes it from the search results for this search filter going forward, for all moderators and owners.
Working with Sidenotes in the Content panel differs from working with other types of content in several ways:
- The More Info, Replies, Flags & Reports and Add a Note tabs are not available.
- You cannot Tag Sidenotes content, or mark it as Featured.
It also differs in that it displays not only the content to be moderated; it also displays the text selected when Sidenotes were added, allowing you to gauge the user content in context.
Click on the text box to expand it to include the entirety of the quote selected by your user. Sidenotes content moderation allows both bulk changes, and individual status changes, as described above. Moderate Livefyre Users Mouse over the username for a Livefyre user to open a pulldown menu, allowing you to Ban the User, get More Info, or view a list of their Comments. Clicking on this menu will open the User’s info card in Studio’s User panel. For more information on using these options, please see Studio > Users.
Tagging content allows you to categorize and organize content for easy retrieval and style customization, or mark content as featured. To add Tags, simply click the plus ( + ) icon under content. Enter a new tag, or select from a list of existing tags. For more information on using Tags, see Collection and Content Tags.
Select the default Featured tag to mark the content as featured, and highlight it as important to your users. Use this tag to highlight important content and encourage high quality replies from other users. Once tagged, use Custom Styling options to customize Featured Content in your Apps. To Feature or Unfeature Content
- From Studio, click the + sign beside a piece of content, select the Featured tag in the dropdown list, and click Enter to Feature content. The tag will be saved and displayed beside the piece of content. To un-feature, click the x on the Featured tag displayed on the piece of content.
- From within a Comments, Live Blog or Reviews App, hover over the content you wish to feature, and click Feature. To unfeature, simply hover over the content, and click Unfeature.
Note: Due to space constraints, Chat content may only be featured or unfeatured using Studio, and may not be featured from within the App itself. Styling Featured Content Use the Featured badge to style Featured content differently from other content in your App. For more information, see Custom Styling > Featured Content.
Actions on Featured Content
Most regular actions on content can be taken on Featured content, with the exception of the following:
- Featured content cannot be flagged.
- Users cannot edit their content after it has been Featured, although they can still delete it if they wish. Moderators can edit Featured content.