Add Instagram content to your Apps.
Instagram Curate allows you to create Rules by which Instagram content will be curated, and fed directly into your Collection.
Note: Curated Instagram pictures and videos are passed through the Livefyre Profanity Filter, and will appear in the Collection with a small Instagram icon, similar to other Curate sources.
Instagram Curate Rules can be created based on author, @mentions, hashtag, or location.
Note: All Instagram rules require at least one hashtag or one author filter.
Use Instagram Curate to create Rules by which Instagram content will be pulled into your stream. Livefyre offers several options to filter by:
- Enter hashtags, keywords, or @mentions to be included in, or excluded from your Instagram stream. Specifying values for both the Contains and Does not contain fields will return images which contain the first, and do not contain the second.
- For example: Entering Contains keywords Giants, Posey, and Does not contain keyword Dodger, will return all posts which include the word Giants or Posey, and do not include the word Dodger.
- Note: Instagram Curate Rules will return posts which include the listed hashtag in the author’s comments, which may not appear in the stream.
- Enter authors to pull into the stream, or exclude from the stream.
- Note: You may either include or exclude authors; you cannot combine these two fields into a single Curate Rule.
- Enter the location (global city, zipcode, address, or geocode in the common latitude/longitude format (+/- 90, +/- 180) ) and use the pulldown menu to select the distance from this location within which, or outside of which, content should be pulled. Combining the Is within and Is not within fields will pull content that is geotagged from within the first, but either geotagged beyond the second Location, or not geotagged at all.
- Note: For both fields, distance will be calculated from the center of the input location.
- For example: Entering Is within 10000 miles of San Francisco, and Is not within 10 miles of Palo Alto will return content geotagged within a 10000 mile radius of San Francisco, and not within a 10 mile radius of Palo Alto.
- Additional Filters
- Select whether you would like to include All Media, Videos Only, or Images Only in your stream.
- Advanced Settings
- Enable Premoderate to require that content pulled by this rule be premoderated before entering the stream.
- Note: Instagram Curate Rules will override the Premoderate Media setting in Collection Settings. If you wish to premoderate Instagram content, toggle this option On.
When curating content from Instagram, you must follow their guidelines and best practices.
In general, Instagram adheres to the rule that the content belongs to the user, who must confer permission for their content to be used. To better follow this requirement, Livefyre suggests that you:
- Promote and curate hashtags that are unique to your brand, so users are “explicitly” joining the campaign.
- Use one (1) hashtag instead of several for any given campaign or promotion, allowing you to track by a single, specific filter.
- Use specific, rather than generic words in the hashtag search. Using generic words may yield unexpected results, and may include users who did not intend for their photo to be used in relation to your campaign.
Instagram, like other brands, also has requirements for using their brand assets. For example, photos must:
- Provide attribution to Instagram and the owner of the content.
- Be clearly differentiated from other social media content if displayed together with other networks’ media.
For more information, please see Instagram’s document: Using Instagram Brand Assets.