Add Facebook content to your Apps.
Curate allows you to pull content from both Facebook Posts and Facebook Pages. Use Facebook Curate to select public status updates from Facebook that are relevant to your topic, and drill down by keywords or content type. Use Facebook Page Curate to gather public posts from Facebook Pages. Curated Facebook content appears in the stream with a small Facebook icon.
Note: Only publicly available Facebook posts may be queried and pulled into a Collection. Curate does not have access to retrieve any private data from Facebook. For more information, see Features > Content Integration > SocialSync.
Note: Facebook does not have real-time syndication, so data display may be delayed slightly. The length of the delay may vary. Livefyre is working with Facebook to reduce this latency.
To create a Facebook Curate Rule:
- Enter a Title.
- Filter by keywords, hashtags, or Author.
Note: Hashtags do not require the pound sign, and phrases do not require quotes. Simply enter the hashtag, keyword, or phrase and click return. Multiple keywords or phrases may be entered as a comma separated list.
- Select whether to Premoderate content before adding it to the stream.
- Click +Create to save and enable the Rule.
Livefyre offers several filter options for Facebook Curate Rules:
- Enter hashtags or keywords to be included in, or excluded from your Facebook stream. Specifying values for both the Contains and Does not contain fields will return posts which contain the first, and do not contain the second.
- For example: Entering Contains keywords Owlet, Peachick, and Does not contain keyword mouse, will return all Facebook posts which include the word Owlet or Peachick, and do not include the word mouse.
- Add an author to pull into the stream, or exclude from the stream, by entering their Facebook URL. (For example: https://www.facebook.com/Livefyre.)
- Note: You may either include or exclude authors; you cannot combine these two fields into a single Curate Rule.
- Advanced Settings
- Use Advanced Settings to define whether you wish content stemming from this Facebook rule to be premoderated before entering the stream.
Facebook Curate may also be used to stream publicly posted content from Facebook Pages. The content will be pulled into the Collection, and onto your page, at the same frequency as SocialSync, which changes based on Facebook Page and post traffic patterns. Links within Facebook Pages are also supported, and will be displayed in the stream.
To create Facebook Page Rules:
- Enter a Title for the Rule.
- Enter the Name for the Page. Note: Enter only the trailing text for the URL.
For example: To add content from https://facebook.com/KellysSuperFunFanPage, type KellysSuperFunFanPage in the Name field.
- Switch Include Facebook Comments for each post on if you wish to pull user comments posted to the top level post on Facebook.
- Switch Only Show Author Posts on if you wish to exclude posts from other users.
- Click +Create.
Repeat for as many rules as you wish to create.
Note: Livefyre is restricted to content received from Facebook, and is therefore unable to guarantee that every post on a Facebook Page will be included in your stream.
Note: If Facebook SocialSync and a Facebook Page Curate Rule are both enabled for a specific Facebook Page, and user comments are enabled for the Facebook Page Rule, the Curate Rule will override SocialSync. Content will be streamed into the App based on the Facebook Page Curate Rule only, and not using SocialSync.
The types of content supported by Facebook Page Curate include:
Page Owner or Admin
- Videos as links
Standard Facebook User
- Videos as links