Create Rules to pull Social Content into your Apps.
Curate Rules allow you to create rules which will automatically pull social media content into your stream. Use these Rules to power Apps with real-time streaming content, such as Media Walls.
Create multiple Rules for a single Collection to pull content from different sources, or to more finely tune your search parameters. Once created, Rules may be enabled, disabled, or edited at will.
Curated content for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram passes through the Livefyre Spam Filter, Profanity Filter and SAFE, before display (if these filters are enabled for your network). (RSS and Facebook Page content is not filtered for Spam or through SAFE Rules.) You may also define Rules which require that content be approved by a moderator before inclusion in the stream.
Livefyre Curate provides a simplified interface for Rule creation, with all Social Media sources following the same general process.
Options for the Curate types offered are described in more detail on the following pages:
To create Rules
From the Curate Rules panel, use the +Add Rule pulldown to select your source (Instagram, Twitter, RSS, Facebook, or Facebook Page).
Options will update to reflect the filters available for your selection.
For all Rule types:
- Enter a Title for the rule.
- Enter search filters, as desired. As you add filters, the Rule description at the bottom of the panel will update to reflect your changes.
Note: Multiple entries for a single field will be linked with or; multiple fields entered will be linked with and. For example, in the screen grab above, a Rule will be created which filters for #donkeys or #flaming and @hipster and within 1 mile of San Francisco.
- Under Advanced Settings, enable Premoderate if you wish to premoderate content stemming from this Rule, before adding it to the stream.
- When complete, click +Create to create and enable the Rule.
Once created, Curate Rules will be listed on the Collection’s Info page. Click on a Rule in the Curate Rules page to edit or delete it from the Collection.
To clone existing Rules
Curate also allows you to clone existing Rules. Once created, these Rules may be edited, managed, and used to power your Collections exactly as if they had been designed from scratch.
To clone a Rule:
- Select Add Rule > Clone Existing Rule.
- In the Clone an existing Rule dialog that opens, enter part of the name of the Rule you wish to clone, and click return to search.
- Select the Rule you wish to clone, and click Clone this rule.
- The Rule will be added to the list as an Untitled Rule. Make any changes desired, and click +Create to save your new Rule.