Enable real-time chat in your Apps.
Chat allows audiences to engage in real-time conversation around live events, announcements or shows. Content appears as a continuous stream of unthreaded chat to facilitate rapid engagement and invigorate activity on the page.
FoxNews used Chat to capture audience opinion and reflection around the election of Pope Bergoglio. Knowing that there would be a surge of relevant and active participation, FoxNews launched a Chat within minutes of the announcement to create an immediate conversation.
To encourage a rapid and engaging dialog, Chat differs from other Livefyre Apps in the following ways:
- The Comment Editor is pre-populated with the text “Press command+enter to post.”
- Users respond to the Chat as a whole, rather than a specific Comment, therefore there is no Reply button, and no Threading in Comments.
- Users are not offered the option to follow Chats, and the Comment Notifier is disabled.
- Email notifications automatically default to OFF.
- User avatars are smaller than those used with Comments.
- The Like button appears only when hovering over a comment.
- The Likes on a comment appear without avatars, only the number of Likes.
- The stream width can be reduced to 250 pixels.
For more information, please see Features.
For technical integration information, please see Developers > App Integrations > Chat.