Users may now upload video to Media Walls.
Production Release 11/19/15
- Apps: Users may now upload videos directly to Media Walls.
Users may post videos up to 25MB in the following file formats: 3GP, ASF, AVI, DV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, QT, and WMV.
To enable this feature, go to Studio > Apps, create a Media Wall, and select Video under Allow user posts. If the premoderate option is enabled for the App, user submitted videos will appear in ModQ before publication. (To enable this feature for existing Media Walls, update the app version to v3.7.1 from within Studio.)
Once uploaded, Studio will allow you to search for videos using the Contains > Media, or Source > Livefyre filters.
For more information on adding this feature to your Media Walls, see Studio > Apps > Customizing Apps.
- Studio: Studio now allows you to edit the text displayed with Media Walls. You may now edit theWhat’s on your mind and Post your Comment buttons, and add a Title for the user content entry dialog.
- Curate: Fixed a bug in Twitter Curate Search which prevented some items from being added to the stream. Content added to Media Walls using Curate Search will now appear in the stream.
- Mobile: Fixed a bug which prevented prevented users from sharing Media Wall content on mobile devices. Clicking the Facebook or Twitter share button from a Media Wall on a mobile device will now launch the appropriate share dialog, as expected.
- Studio: Fixed a bug which prevented Studio users from removing tags from content. Clicking the x for a content tag will now remove it from the item, as expected.
UAT Release 11/19/15
- Magic Moderation: Magic Moderation will now be called SAFE Rules (Livefyre Spam and Abuse Filtering Engine Rules). Only the name will change; all current functionality will remain the same.
- Analytics: Fixed a bug in Analytics which caused Network data to be displayed for Site filters. Site level dashboards will now display only site level data.
- APIs: Fixed a bug with the use of the initialNumVisible parameter which prevented the Show More button from working correctly. This button will now require only a single click, and will not be disabled after its first use.
- Mobile: Fixed a bug which prevented users from closing the Livefyre virtual keyboard in iOS. Submitting a comment or tapping on an empty area of the screen will now close the keyboard, and return users to the stream, as expected.
- ModQ: Fixed a bug in ModQ which prevented users from linking directly to ModQ filtered by site. Permalinks to a site filter in ModQ will now link to the site’s content, rather than network content.
- Studio: Fixed a bug in Studio which prevented users from loading the Collections page if there were more than 1000 Collections for the Site. Clicking Next will now load the next set of Collections, rather than posting an error message.
- Studio: Fixed a bug which prevented the Users Settings page in Studio from opening the Show Morepanel for Moderators. Clicking Show More will now open the panel, and display more moderators.
Livefyre StreamHub SDK
- The core StreamHub SDK has been updated to support video embeds in Livefyre Apps.